Here are our best tips for home improvements that you can make yourself that will add value to your property, attract buyers and help you sell quickly and for the highest price possible.
Most buyers today are looking for certain elements in the home to be fresh and updated in order to attract their interest. In our experience, these are the most important things that you as a seller can do to make your home “move-in ready” for buyers.
Sell Your Home Quick with Small Budget Home Improvements
- Give the entire home a fresh coat of paint in neutral colors. Present a blank canvas to your buyers to spark their imagination of how they see themselves living in the space.
- Refinish hardwood floors. If carpet exists over hardwood, rip out the carpet and refinish the floor underneath. The refinished floors will make the home look and feel brand new.
- Replace the old worn-out carpet.
- Gold-plated fixtures scream “Old”. Replace old light fixtures with modern light fixtures.
- Replace all outlet covers.
Doors and Hardware
- Clean or paint the doors and add new hardware
Extra Cash Available - Major Home Improvements
Kitchens and Baths are the two most important rooms for buyers; therefore, it is important to improve the overall appearance with some updates.
- Replace the kitchen faucet set, add new door hardware, update lighting fixtures with brighter more energy-efficient ones.
- If cabinets are in good condition, give them a makeover instead of replacing them. Color cabinets are a hot trend with new buyers. Reface the cabinets and paint them. A professional service is recommended.
- Upgrade the kitchen counter. Most buyers prefer granite or stone counters. Light colors are very popular.
- Update the appliances. Stainless Steel appliances that match give the kitchen a sleek look. Lowe’s, Home Depot, Best Buy and ABT all offer appliance packages with discounts.
- Clean or re-grout tiles, especially where the tile meets the tub. This area tends to look moldy after a while and will stand out during showings.
- Replace the toilet seat
- Improve lighting
- Install new sink and vanity
While we recommend these improvements it is always best that you consult with your real estate agent for suggestions for your home. If you are considering selling your home, contact local real estate expert Jose Hernandez!